Can someone suggest home remedies for dark circles

Need some suggestions / assistance here. Lately started seeing dark circles around eyes. Not sure why… I dont think, I am stressed as such. Not sure if it is related to age.

There are around 53% people who suffer from dark circles.

We need to look for a causes first then we can see the remedies of dark cicles.

• Genes - It can be genetic, affecting any skin color and type, but Asians, Afro-Caribbean races, and southern Italians are particularly prone to them.

• Hyperpigmentation - The browner type of dark circles could be the results of post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation due to sun damage or hormonal fluctuations.

• Older, thinner skin - As we age, the skin thins and the blood vessels in the under-eye zone show up more resulting in permanent dark circles. Airborne allergens cause blood to pool in the vessels under the skin, resulting in the appearance of dilated blood vessels.

• Nasal Congestion - When your nose is blocked, veins that usually drain from your eyes into your nose become dilated and darker. Also, it’s the result of lack of sleep, too.

• Stress - When your body is in fight mode, your brain leaches every single molecule of oxygen it can from the blood, so darker, deoxygenated blood flows through the veins. This dark blood is most visible in the transparent skin under the eyes as it’s the thinnest skin on the body.

• Drugs - Some drugs, like contraceptive pills and HRT, can darken the eyes area by dilating the blood vessels.

• Smoking - Women who smoke - which affects micro-circulation long before it leads to heart and lung problems - can be prone to dark circles too.

1 Like

These are the few things that I did for dark circles, that helped me. Results take some time. But you need to be consistent

1. I used Cucumbers pack, put it on eyes for 15 mins and it feels better.
  2. Soak cotton in Rose Water and place it on eyes
  3. Applied Moisturizers Daily around eye

Found them most cost effective and were easy to do, considering daily busy schedule.

1 Like